Tourism and Community Development
Holding a degree in Economics and a graduate of the Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po), Stéphane Durand has over 30 years of experience in the field of tourism development, both in France and abroad. Stéphane Durand began his career working in the sales and marketing departments at Danone, before joining Détente Consultants as a consultant in 1989, eventually becoming partner. He joined Horwath HTL France as a Partner when the firm was founded in 2006. In 2020, Horwath HTL France became Voltere (member of the Egis Group), and Stéphane Durand continues to head the firm’s Tourism Division as a Managing Partner. Stéphane Durand has taught at several training institutes and regularly contributes to the consultation, design and event facilitation phases. Areas of expertise :
- Territorial development strategies in France and abroad (cities, resorts, regions, countries)
- Technical and institutional assistance for implementing tourism policies
- Site improvements / master plans
- Feasibility studies / project management, including an economic element (market studies, business plans, set-up) and creative content (concept, programming)
- Project management assistance, whether for public / private partnerships (concessions, markets, etc.) or the setting up of private projects.